Saturday, May 24, 2014

Harvest Kitchen Solon

I have been happily dining at Harvest since their opening in March 2011.  When we first started dining with them I was always very careful about my ordering - explaining to the server what my needs are for safe gluten-free dining.  If I remember correctly at that time they did not have a gluten-free menu and ordering a vegetarian meal was not super easy.  But, they always found a few things on the menu that they could modify and so we continued to go.

We went because the food is amazing!  It is simply one of the best places to dine anywhere in the Cleveland area and certainly the best in Solon.  Since we are coming into the season I will share with you that there is a cute patio along the side of the building which I have not yet tried.

At Harvest the menu changes frequently - while there are tried and true items on the menu the pairing and options they are served with vary with the season.  All items that are available gluten-free or vegetarian are indicated with (gf) and (v) respectively.  And, there are numerous options for both.  Most recently I dined on Baked Oysters, Sauteed Rapini and Fingerling Potatoes.  Tim had a Pasta with Pork dish along with Rapini - it looked super even though I am not a pasta lover, lol!  I am a pork lover!

In the past year they have added gluten-free beer selections including Bards and Glutenberg.  Confession time:  I was pretty much a thorn in their side about the beer so I was very happy when they made it happen.  They also offer Tweasonale and Hard Cider and Harvest has nice wine and beer options for our non-GF dining companions!
Usually I am so full I don't even think about desserts but if I recall they have some lovely desserts.  I may need to start working on the staff on g-f dessert options.

The serving staff is wonderful.  They have always been helpful, considerate, and attentive to my litany of requests and suggestions.  And, the Chef is masterful - the menu selections are inspired and creative but best of all they are so damn good I just want to eat there everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment